The mission of Unit of Environmental Forensics Centre is to be reference centre which related with source identification of environmental pollution.
The objectives of this Centre are:
- To set up a comprehensive set of chemical databases for fingerprinting purposes in Malaysia;
- To determine sources and transport pathways of pollutants in the environment;
- To become a hub for training and technology transfer in environmental forensics.
Research with related
Research project that had done and have been carried out by faculty academician as follows:
- Identification of Oil Pollution Sources in the Straits of Malacca- IRPA Project 2002-2004 with Collboration with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and Malacca Straits Develepment Center (MASDEC).
- Coastal Resources Risk Index (CORRI) on the Identification of Pollution in Perlis, Kedah and Penang. Funded by National Hydraulics Research Institute of Malaysia, 2005-2007
- Identification of Transboundary Pollution in the Marine Environment – Science Fund, MOSTI- On-Going
- PAHs in Urban and Remote Areas of Peninsular Malaysia: Identification of Their Transport Pathway Using Molecular Marker Approach
- Evaluation of Industrial Air Pollution from Prai Industrial Zone and Its Impacts on Paddy Farmers in MADA – IRPA 2004-2005
- Determination of Impacts of Land Use- Land Cover Changes on Flood Hydrology of Pahang River Basin – Science Fund – On-Going
- Development of Land Use Cumulative Index (LUCI) for River Water Quality Management – Science Fund – On-Going
- Evaluation of Surface Water and Groundwater Resource Potential in Industrial Growth Centers – FRGS – On-Going
- Development of Fingerprinting Techniques for the Identification of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) in Malaysian Coastal Environments, 1997 – 2002 – Funded by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- River Basin Classification, 1990 – 1993; 1995 – 2000. Funded by Department of Environment, Malaysia
- Environmental Sensitivity Index Studies (ESI), 1985 – 1987. Funded by PETRONAS
- An Expert System for Selecting an Approriate Solid Waste Treatment Technology, Science Fund – On-Going
- Forecasting Land-Based Pollution Loads to Estimate Marine Pollution in the Malaysian Seas to the Year 2020, Science Fund – On-Going
- Intergrating GIS with Air Pollution Model for Determining SO2 Pollutant Dispersion Isopeths from Industrial Sources in Penang – FRGS – On-Going
- Baseline Studies of Pollution Sources in Langkawi Island, 1986 – Funded by UPM
Updated:: 02/01/2018 [sitiarina]