This research grooup investigates the occurence and distribution pathways antibiotics, pharmaceuticals and hormones in rivers, lakes and other water bodies, including identification and monitoring of selected Endocrines Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs) in the environment. The evaluation of the impact of agriculture chemicals on health is also carried out.
Group Leader :
Dr. Mohamad Pauzi Zakaria (Associate Professor)
- Determination of Persistent Organic Pollutants (Pops) In the Malaysian Sedimentary Environments.
- Development of Sediment Quality Criteria (Sqc) For Hydrocarbons For Coastal Waters.
- Determination and Characterization of Fate And Transport Mechanisms for Pops.
- Application of Fecal Sterols in investigating Fecal Pollution in Major Rivers and Estuaries.
- Efficacy of Home Water Filters for Improving Potable Water Quality.